Reply To: Datacenter – Database Hosting SLA

elisha
Participant

I see a few asterisks at the end of sentences that suggest there is a footnote or disclaimer, but I can’t find what they are referencing.

Under 2.1, would it make sense to include storage and tablespace monitoring? What about performance monitoring?

2.1.2 – is migration of data from production to integration or some other from of data refresh on integration systems part of “Data recovery” portion of the service, or should that be spelled out separately?

Is application of special configuration changes for the database(s) limited to vendor-recommended changes, or are other departmentally determined specialized configurations covered? e.g. a peer or industry recommendation not specifically endorsed by the vendor?

I’m assuming more tuning is possible as a paid consultation?

2.2.2 – When recommending the amount of CPU, RAM, storage etc. needed to right size a database, is there a process for resolving that or evidence collection practices that would help departments analyze the need?

3.1 – add bullet “Plan database upgrades with the contracting department” ?

Would it be good to add in there somewhere that database availability and hosting can be purchased to comply with any of the data center tiers defined in the Data Center standard?