Reply To: Department Web Hosting SLA

tbui
Keymaster

@ aballo:

1 – “Department Admins” is not mentioned elsewhere in the document.

Good catch. This refers to “Web Admins and Developers” under 2.1.1

2.1.2 – Costs:

This points to Service Catalog for “Department Web Hosting” – but costs are not mentioned?

https://it.unm.edu/servicecatalog/asset_list.php?type=2&a_id=189 ?

However, in 8 – Additional storage references “Virtual Infrastructure Services” where is this listed like this in the Service Catalog?  Is it the same as “Virtual Servers LoboCloud” ?

Guilty as charged. We are also making updates to our services in our Service Catalog as we work on these SLAs. They will be updated.

3.1 – Service Manager should ensure that this service is meeting the Customer’s needs.

Yes.

5.2 Service Request Response:

* When requests fall outside of this range, what is the remedy for the Customer? Is it “contact the Service Owner” like in 4.3 (Escalation)

* What visibility does the Customer have when there is a breach in the Acknowledgement timeline of a ticket?

* “Campus Priorities” could be defined? What times of year specifically?

– Could you provide examples of requests that fall outside of this range? Requests are different than incidents.

– The only visibility mean that I am aware of today is to contact IT CSS. This is really good feedback, I will bring it back for review.

– I will also bring this back for clarification.

6.1 – Incident Reports:

Where is the hourly rate and what items constitute associated expenses and materials defined in section 6 ?

I believe this refers to different hourly rates based on the services consumed. I will bring this back for review and clarification.

7 – Maintenance

Maintenance windows should be defined in SLA. Maintenance performed outside of these agreed upon times should be communicated with the Customer in advance and if would cause significant negative impact , require their approval.

Could you provide reasons for your proposal to have the maintenance windows defined in the SLA as opposed to via a link provided today?

Agreed on the second part – that is how we operate today.

9.1 – Availability Reporting

Is this the Customer’s responsibility?  Why can’t sites be monitored by the Service Provider? Should this be part of the recommended enterprise services?

Yes, it is currently the Customer’s responsibility. Sites can be monitored by the Service Provider, but we do not have that monitoring service available yet. In my opinion, this absolutely should be a part of the recommended enterprise services.

9.2 – SLA Reviews

Needs to state “Yearly” – with the Customer.

Agreed. This will be included as part of the yearly service subscription renewal that Customer and UNM IT do.