Position Title and Working Title

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gfaustin
      Participant

How does the title of IT Officer align with the Position Title and the Working Title?

ccovey01
      Participant

Will equity adjustments need to be made to level or raise grade and compensation so that all UNM ITOs are the same?
      Would adjustments need to be made for staff under the ITOs?

(Mods – this seemed like it relates to Grace’s question, but I don’t want to hijack the thread, so please move if this needs to be on its own post).

darruti
        Participant

Chad, equity is a good topic for both the ITO and other positions in the IT job family as you mention.  There are a lot of factors that go into equity review – experience, education, competencies, etc, when people are in same job titles performing similar functions.  We will work closely with HR Compensation as we move forward with the efficiency and effectiveness effort to determine appropriate ways to consider triggers for equity review and equity analysis.

darruti
      Participant

Great question, Grace.  We are beginning to work on job description(s) for the ITO for consideration as an actual position title.  We will include our early ITOs in this process. It is possible that the position will be at multiple levels, say an ITO 1, ITO 2, and ITO 3 depending on the size, technical complexity and other factors of the organization(s) they represent, similar to the Administrator position, but this is to be determined and requires HR guidance.  Your mention of a working title is a reasonable intermediary approach.  Until we have actual positions in place, the ITO is a role that in essence invokes a working title. I’ll touch base with HR on that. 

gfaustin
      Participant

Thank you Duane for your response. As the discussion around the ITO position evolves I am sure as a group we can figure out a solution with the help of HR.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.